Ololade Ekwere APN ("NP Lola") - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
Currently accepting patients in Network with: Commercial BCBS, Aetna, United/Optum plans , Medicare plans
Ololade Ekwere a.k.a "APN Lola" is a Board Certified Family and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
- She has practiced for over 12 years in various capacities in healthcare serving patients and their families. After graduating with an undergraduate degree in Nursing, Cum Laude from William Paterson University in 2009, NP Lola began her career as an Intensive Care Unit nurse, catering to patients and families at their most vulnerable in the hospital.
- Seeking advancement in her career and expanding her breadth of knowledge, she returned for further education and obtained a Masters Degree in Nursing from Rutgers University - UMDNJ, graduating with honors in her chosen concentration of Family practice/Primary care.
- While practicing as a primary care advanced practice nurse (APN), she observed that several of her patients needed significant mental health care as part of their overall treatment and wellness maintenance plans. This led her to pursue additional training and certification in Psychiatric and Mental Health care from Maryville University, where she also graduated with Honors.
- During her career and education, NP Lola developed comfort treating individuals with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorders, sleep disorders and other common psychiatric disorders. Because she understands the interconnectedness of mental and physical health, she works collaboratively with each patient to prioritize and meet their mental health needs. Additionally she is empathetic, listens and practices using evidence-based guidelines in order to provide the best available care for her patients.
- When she is not working, she enjoys spending time with her family and traveling. She looks forward to working with you to meet your healthcare needs.